MLB Sports Betting Odds: Houston Astros at San Francisco Giants
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
The San Francisco Giants can only imagine how Houston felt after the Astros hit a season-high four home runs Sunday to capture a series win over the White Sox. After setting a San Francisco-era franchise record by going 16 consecutive home games covering 506 at-bats without a homer, the Giants look to break the streak when they welcome the Astros for a three-game set. San Francisco stands five games back of first-place Los Angeles after losing two of three against Texas.
When San Francisco isn’t worrying about pitcher Tim Lincecum’s struggles, the club is focused on third baseman Pablo Sandoval’s weight. The Giants have lost each of Lincecum’s last eight starts, and Sandoval appears bigger than ever after coming off the disabled list on Saturday. Meanwhile, Houston’s primary concern is its 8-20 road record. The Houston Astros took a step forward by winning two of three in Chicago for their first road-series victory of the season.
After beginning the season 5-1, Norris has lost his last two decisions. He gave up four runs with 12 strikeouts over six innings last Wednesday against St. Louis. The Bay Area native allowed two runs over seven innings in his lone start against the Giants on Aug. 28, 2011.
Bumgarner earned his team-leading seventh win against San Diego last Wednesday when he gave up four runs over six innings. Bumgarner, who has given up at least four runs in four of his past six starts, is 1-1 with a 4.85 ERA in two career games against the Astros
2. Giants OF Melky Cabrera (hamstring) is expected to return to the starting lineup Tuesday after missing three straight starts.
3. Astros 1B Carlos Lee (hamstring) took ground balls before Sunday’s game and could return from the disabled list when he’s eligible on Sunday.
Recent Trends on Houston: :
- HOU are 17-51 in their last 68 road games.
- Under is 9-3 in HOU last 12 games following a win.
- HOU are 4-11 in their last 15 overall.
Recent Trends on San Francisco: :
- Under is 10-3-1 in SF last 14 overall.
- Under is 10-3-1 in SF last 14 on grass.
- SF are 10-4 in their last 14 overall.
- MLB Free Predictions: Houston Astros vs San Francisco Giants
- Betting in Vegas: Houston Astros at San Francisco Giants
- Baseball Predictions : Pittsburgh Pirates vs San Francisco Giants
- Betting in Vegas: San Diego Padres at San Francisco Giants
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Washington Nationals at San Francisco Giants